Ecumen has been named one of Minnesota’s Best Places to Work for the 10th time by the Minneapolis/Saint Paul Business Journal.
Changing Aging Blog
Sign up for Changing Aging News
What We Do
Ecumen operates a variety of senior housing options and services from independent living communities to assisted living and long-term care, and at-home and community-based services. In addition to our consumer services, we provide senior housing development, clinical consulting and senior housing management services for organizations outside of Ecumen.
- Ecumen is a 501(c)(3) organization that is led by a 15-member board of trustees.
- Trustees are elected by the Members Assembly, which are representatives of each of the six Minnesota synods of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA). Ecumen does not receive financial support from the ELCA. Its revenue is generated through operations and fundraising.
- Kathryn Roberts was appointed as Ecumen's chief executive officer and president in 2003.
Annual Revenues and Operations
- 2015 revenues were $152.2 million, based on our Consolidated Financial Statement.
- Ecumen currently operates in 38 cities in Minnesota, Idaho, Michigan, Nebraska, North Dakota, Tennessee and Wisconsin.
- Operations include 16 independent living communities, 33 assisted living communities, 25 memory care communities and 15 health care centers.
Philanthropy Report to the Community
Ecumen is honored by the generous support of private donors, corporations and foundations. Learn more about our fundraising efforts, innovative programs and those who support our changing aging efforts in Ecumen's 2016 Philanthropy Report.
Employees and Customers
- Ecumen-owned and -managed communities employ nearly 4,000 employees and serve more than 15,000 people.
- Ecumen has been named nine times by The Minneapolis/St. Paul Business Journal as one of Minnesota's "Best Places to Work.” We’ve also been recognized as a top place to work by the Minneapolis Star Tribune and Minnesota Monthly Magazine.